Hubby and I got this date idea from another couple who set a picnic up for themselves in the back of their hatchback car in front of Lake Baroon in the Sunshine Coast for Valentine’s Day.
When we were expecting it would rain all weekend as per the weather predictions we thought this would be the perfect rainy day date idea!
We set up a romantic picnic in the back of our 4WD at this spot which is one of our favorite for a car park with an unspoiled view of the ocean!
Our beautiful and romantic setup is easy to recreate, it included:
- Lipton Peach Ice Tea for hubby and Pink Moscato for me sprinkled with Botanical Gold edible flower garnishes.
- A simple fruit platter of watermelon, dried mango pieces, blackberries and strawberries. Another alternative is to pick up the best pizza just next door from Zorba’s Pizza.
- Our fold-up picnic table decorated with flowers and leaves.
- Throws and cushions to sit on
- A scented candle
- Battery operated fairy lights from Bunnings
What we forgot this time: Our portable speaker haha, but we enjoyed the calm ocean sounds.
It turned out to be one of the most magical summer evenings we’ve shared.
Although it’s an affordable date idea, the outcome felt special enough as a way to celebrate an anniversary, birthday or Valentine’s Day.
Just be sure to add @botanical_gold to the drinks, ice or dessert and fairy lights to achieve the wow factor. Oh, and plan it for sunset of course 🙂
Enjoyed this recommendation for a rainy day date ideas? Please consider taking the time to help grow this directory of the Best Experiences for couples by sharing your own suggestions in the Romantic Explorers Facebook group.
Click here for more Brisbane date ideas.