Have you ever made something heart-shaped for your partner as a romantic gesture?
I’m not the greatest cook, but despite that, I made something special for my hubby – a heart-shaped pasta haha
Hubby gets bored of the same taste fast if it’s something like a generous portion of Carbonara pasta at a restaurant. So we often order two different meals and share them.
With that in mind, I made a super simple Carbonara pasta but added a heart of bolognese sauce on top.
My picky eater hubby Loved it, which has to be one of the best feelings in the world when you make something thoughtful for your partner!
It only took 10 minutes to make. Here’s the quick and easy recipe if you want to try this date idea at home.
- Pack of fresh Coles Fettuccini pasta.
- A handful of fresh sliced mushrooms and diced ham.
- A tub of Coles Kitchen Creamy Carbonara Sauce.
- A tub of Coles Kitchen Beef Bolognese Sauce.
- A bit of Coles grated Mozzarella Cheese (add to taste).
- Add the pasta to boiling water with a bit of salt and simmer for 3 minutes, then drain the pasta to remove the water.
- While the pasta is simmering, fry the sliced mushrooms and diced ham until the mushrooms are soft.
- Heat the Creamy Carbonara Sauce according to the instructions on the tub.
- Then mix the pasta, mushrooms, ham and tub of Creamy Carbonara Sauce.
- Dish half out into a plate for your partner. Then, using the back of a spoon, flatten the pasta in the plate for the bolognese heart to sit on top of.
- Heat the Beef Bolognese Sauce according to the instructions on the tub.
- Use a spoon to scoop out the bolognese sauce in a heart shape.
- Do steps 5 to 7 with the other half of the pasta for yourself and serve!
If you’re going to make it, remember to make it with love!
Sign in to Save this date to your favourites.
Tried this date? Sign into the website to rate it and share your experience!
Love this recommendation for a date night at home or rainy day date idea? Please consider taking the time to help grow this directory of the Best Experiences for couples by sharing your own suggestions in the Romantic Explorers Facebook group.
Click here for more at home date ideas.