Unfortunately, travel isn’t always possible as presently with flights being banned globally due to the COVID-19 outbreak. Here’s a list of fun activities that romantic travel-loving couples can do together to lighten the mood if you’re stuck at home.
1. Watch a series or movies on Netflix that are related to romantic travel
Image source and credit: Koreandramaland
My partner and I recently discovered a South Korean television series called Legend of the Blue Sea on Netflix. It made me fall in love with the idea of visiting Spain and Seoul in South Korea one day, as many of the scenes take place in these stunning countries! It also tells the love story of a unique couple (she is a mermaid). Click here for more suggestions for a list of romantic travel movies you can watch online.
2. Explore dreamy locations and hotels using the satellite Google Maps
Image source and credit: Screenshot of Hotel Maitai Polynesia in Bora Bora from Google Maps satellite view
Have some fun exploring a place you’ve visited together before or would like to visit using Google Maps. One such place I can’t get enough of is Hotel Maitai Polynesia in Bora Bora. Google Maps provides the ability to move around with your computer mouse and getting a good look at the incredible views, beach dining areas, and overwater bungalows. Let me know which place in the comments below you recommend couples using Google Maps in this way should visit!
3. Turn your home into a romantic travel destination
A fun project to do together is to add a touch of romance or romantic travel to any part of your home that you can enjoy anytime. Ways in which my hubby and I have managed to turn parts of our house into a romantic escape include:
– purchasing a refurbished spa
– buying and decorating an outdoor tiki bar for that island escape feel in our backyard
– decorating our outdoor table for two with romantic finishes such as lanterns
– creating the perfect Bali themed bedroom with a romantic four-poster bed, frangipanis, and authentic Balinese photo frames with highlight photos of romantic moments we shared during a romantic escape to Bali.
4. Try to cook a meal together from your favorite romantic travel destination
Revisit making the dishes you learned to make together when you signed up for that fantastic cooking class the last time you traveled or Google to find a recipe for that unforgettable dish you discovered on your romantic travels. If it’s winter, why not start with a Classic French Onion Soup recipe from Paris or a hearty Sovlakia from Greece. If it’s summer, a Marinated Raw Fish dish from the islands of French Polynesia or perfect the Greek salad together. What are some of your favorites from destinations you’ve visited or would like to visit? Let me know in the comments below.
5. Practice your in-home massage skills
The best romantic travel destinations and accommodations have incredible spa experiences, right!? With so many massage books and YouTube tutorials available online, it’s easy to start learning simple massage skills if you’re not naturally gifted in the art of touch. Practice makes perfect, so why not improve your skills in being the ideal partner by practicing on him or her.
6. Put your romantic travel photos to use by sharing your recommendations with others
It’s always fun looking back at travel photos together. If you have photos of romantic restaurants, activities, accommodations, or gift shops you would recommend to other couples, have some fun registering at RomanticExplorersDirectory.com and sharing your experiences. Your contributions will help inspire more couples to explore locally or travel globally when they can. The directory already gives couples easy access to finding romantic things to do around them at any time on their mobile phones but needs your help to grow!
Enjoyed this blog post or have any questions? Let me know in the comments section below 🙂
Save this blog to your Pinterest account by clicking the image below: